Compute made simple
The Dell EMC PowerEdge R240 is an affordable single-socket 1U rack server designed for small businesses and service providers.
Designed for budget-conscious businesses
The Dell EMC PowerEdge R240 designed for dense environments is the ideal solution for budget-conscious businesses. The R240 offers features to support your demanding and growing business needs.
- Accelerate your business with improved performance due to 50% more cores with Intel® Xeon® E-2100 processors, 11% increase in memory speed, and 20% more PCIe lanes.
- Harness data growth with up to 4 x 3.5″ cabled hard drives.
- Manage operational costs with Multi-Vector cooling which automatically calculates and delivers the proper airflow needed for optimal cooling.
Simple to install, manage and deploy
The Dell OpenManage portfolio offers innovations that simplifies management tasks, making IT operations efficient and cost-effective throughout the server lifecycle.
- The embedded iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller, server deployment, configuration and updates are fast and worry-free.
- Access your servers anywhere, anytime from your mobile device with OpenManage Mobile (requires OpenManage Enterprise).
- Resolve issues with up to 72% less IT effort using automated proactive and predictive technology from ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
Keep your data safe
Every PowerEdge server is made with a cyber-resilient architecture, building security into the server’s entire life cycle. Dell EMC is laser-focused on security (from design to end-of-life) to ensure trust and deliver worry-free, secure servers.
- Keep your data safe with software RAID.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically-signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Protect your server from malicious malware with iDRAC9 Enterprise Server Lockdown mode.
- Wipe all data from storage media quickly and securely with System Erase.